Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hair salon



December was the last time I dyed my hair.  Gray hairs started sprouting when I was only 16 and I haven't seen my natural color in 25 years.  My hair isn't that long and it is curly, so I didn't look hideous while the old color left and the new color came in. (at least I don't think I did)

It was time for a hair cut.  For over ten years I had been following Michael around Boca Raton and was spoiled by his expertise.  I asked around for referrals and was sent to the LadyBug to see Stephanie.  The LadyBug is a hair boutique and gift shop that sells jewelry, clothes and what nots.  Stephanie is a cute little 25 year old that used the phrase "Bless your heart" a lot.

She was very excited about her upcoming trip to Las Vegas with the other LadyBug employees.  They were going to some kind of trade show.  It was going to be the first time she had ever flown on an airplane and the farthest she had ever been away from home.  Her mom didn't want her to go.

Fifteen minutes later the last of my hair dye had been cut from my locks and I took off, happy and gray.  I hope Stephanie enjoys her weekend in sin city.  Bless her heart.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment