Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Friday, February 18, 2011

Hibernation


I was looking forward to my first winter in 34 years, but I wasn't prepared for it.  I admit, watching the snow fall on the mountains, listening to the wind howl, creating soups and stews were a lot of fun.  The six major storms in 9 weeks took its toll.  Unable to leave the house for days at a time, bundling up to go to bed, wanting to spend the days in front of a hot fire, and not having the urge to do anything but eat is not the way I want to spend my time.  


When hubby suggested we head back to Florida for a few weeks I began to perk up.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment