Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Christmas Boutique

I realize that it is only November 6th, but it tis the season for Holiday Crafts.  Down at the Lansing Fire Department was the "Bee"utiful Christmas Boutique with handcrafted items, gifts and home decor.  There are only about 200 people living in Lansing, so I wasn't expecting too much.  Boy, was I surprised.

After a 20 minute ride on on twirly, whirly road I made it there and parked next to the fire station in front of this building:

I parked here



I looked at the old building in front of me and this is what I saw in the window:
What is that in the window????
I don't know what that animal was doing in the window, I only hope it was stuffed.

Inside the fire station was a room prettied up for Christmas.


I went home with one of these cuties
There were trees, ornaments, cards, cookies, candles in tea cups, snowmen and so much more.
Here are some pics of the main street in Lansing:

The town is all on the same side of the street

Then I headed to Beaver Creek to the Christmas Open House at Petal Pusher.  This was my first time in the Beaver Creek area, which isn't far from the town of West Jefferson.  The Petal Pusher turned out to be a florist and gift shop.  The windows were so festive


This was one pretty shop.  All of the items were higher end Christmas decorations in purples and pinks.  I also saw a giant owl on top of a tree that had brown feathers sticking out of it.   I went away with a cup of hot apple cider.  They also offered sandwiches and cookies.

From one end of the county to the other everyone is getting into the holiday spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment