Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Winter Crocheting Completed

To keep from going stir crazy during those cold winter months I planned several crochet projects. Hubby's nephew and his wife were expected a new baby and I wanted to be prepared. The baby has arrived.  She is a beautiful 7 pound girl and we are looking forward to meeting her soon.

This is what I started with
 I made a green afghan for the baby as the sex was to be a surprise.  I also whipped up a cute bunny.  I made him several times as he just wouldn't come out right.  His face was crooked, then his ears were all askew.  I had the hardest time with the booties.  I didn't follow the directions very carefully and left out the heel portion, more than once.  The heels still look like they are lacking something.  Oh well, newborns don't notice these things.

The rose, green and white afghan is for the three year old daughter of hubby's niece.

 Now I am working on an afghan for the church bazaar in the fall, a shopping bag and a sweater for the new baby's older brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment