Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Alleghany Quilt Show

There were little dolls throughout the show
Last weekend was the Alleghany Quilt Show in Sparta.  Alleghany is the fifth smallest county in North Carolina with a population of 10,000.  The quilt show was held at the fair grounds and there were about 100 quilts on display.

At first hubby didn't want to go in, but when I pointed out there were other men heading to the front door, he relented.  We were given a clip board, pencil and plastic glove so we could judge the quilts.  There were about 25 different categories, some with only 2 entries per category.

Here are some of my favorites:
Watermelon quilt
I chose this as the Best in Show

We had a great time.  Hubby even enjoyed himself.  A photographer took our picture and asked our names and I teased hubby that now all of his manly friends would see his pic in the paper.    I went home and got to work on my own quilt, that I started a year ago.  I am hoping to enter it in the quilt show in Ashe County in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment