Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hula Hooping

Backstreet Yoga had a hula hooping class last week to introduce us to the new hula hooping craze encirling the country.  These are not the hoops from our childhood.  They are larger and heavier and are supposed to be easier to keep up.

Picture 15 ladies of various sizes and ages in a circle swinging these large hoops around their bodies.  I stood next to one young girl (a yoga instructor) who barely moved while that hoop glided around here like a cloud.  I grabbed my hoop, put it around my waist and gave it a mighty push.  The momentum twirled it around my belly only to land with a big clatter onto the floor.  Over and over again....

Eventually we all got the hang of it.  Surprising enough, it helped when we did it with our eyes closed.

We grabbed smaller hoops that we held in the air and twirled around our hands.  At this point we had to keep one eye open for the hoops that escaped as they went sailing by.  Oops, did I just send my hoop into little Miss Yoga?


It was a lot of fun.  I'm glad they weren't too heavy because I kept hitting myself in the head and dropping the darn thing on my feet.  I am going to get hubby to make some for me as hooping is supposed to whittle those inches away.

Me in a few years

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment