Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Daytona Turkey Run



Is there a better way to spend the Thanksgiving holiday than going to a car show?  Not when it is the largest car show, flea market, and craft show in the Southeast!  Plus, it is held at the Daytona 500 site.

The clouds were dark, the wind was picking up, but the day was far from over when we headed to the International Speedway.  I was alternately hot and cold all day depending on how the sun was peeking out of the sky.  There were over 4000 cars (yes, 4000) at the show.
We walked for four hours and I don't care if I ever see another car again.  No, I never made it to the craft show.  My feet were aching and we still had to walk to our car, which was a good mile away.
There were old cars


and new cars

There were gas-fueled cars
and jet-fueled cars

There were little cars

There were big cars



Who could forget TheThing?


This looks like the first car I ever owned
I paid $600.00 for it in 1973
My dad gave me a car like this back
in 1979
Wouldn't I look cute in this baby?




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment