Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gingerbread Magic





The Daytona Beach West Rotary Club has a gingerbread house contest and display at the Volusia Mall.   In order to get up close to the houses you have to pay $2.00, which benefits United Palsy of East Central Florida.

We paid our $2.00 and entered the Gingerbread Magic wonderland.  Not all the creations were made of gingerbread.  We saw cereal, licorice sticks, popcorn, marzipan people, water and lights.  There were adult and children entries.  All of them were terrific.  The details in Santa's workshop, the pagoda and the ship wreck were amazing.  Many hours were spent on each display.  The smell was delicious.  


I couldn't believe I didn't have my camera with me!  The next morning we were in the area of the mall and stopped for a cup of coffee.  It was early and only the mall walkers were about.  I lifted the chain separating the displays from the riff-raff and snapped away.  I hope you in joy them.


As soon as I got back home I made a pan of gingerbread.







No comments:

Post a Comment