Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Florida Breeze Shop Hop Stop #5


Stop number 5 on the Shop Hop was the Sew and Quilt Shop in Bunnell.  I have never heard of Bunnell, which is located right off of I-95.  Inside was a large store chocked full of fabric, samples and sewing machines.  I had some time to myself as hubby went down to the hobby store at the other end of the shopping center.

I got my Passport stamped, filled out my ticket for the drawing and nibbled on some cookies, which were located in an area surrounded with fabric on three sides.  I was looking for some fabric for an up-coming class at the quilt guild called "Quilt with a view".  I needed a piece of focus fabric that would be turned into a frame and then embellished with applique and doo-dads.  I tried to get the saleslady's eye, but she kept running around the store straightening up bolts of fabric and muttering how the place looked like Joann's and how tired she was from the Shop Hop.  So I wandered right on out to the hobby store.



I thought the bathing suits were cute.  The package did not come with the life preserver pattern or fabric so I need to figure out how to make one.  I like how each panel has the two different pieces of fabric around it.  Doesn't the bathing suit block look like a demented smiley face?


No comments:

Post a Comment