Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Monday, March 26, 2012

The Honey Hole



Ever since we moved to NC I suffer from spring allergies.  I read somewhere that if you took a spoonful of local honey twice a day it would act just like allergy shots.  The farmers market doesn't start for another month and the grocery stores don't carry local honey.

Imagine my surprise when I found out there is a new store downtown, called The Honey Hole, that is dedicated to all things honey.  There are candles, beauty products, teas and food made from honey.  There are all sorts of contraptions for honey bee farming and they even sell real honey bees.

I was perusing the honey selection when the store owner asked what town I lived in.  When I said Jefferson,  he suggested I purchase a jar made in Fleetwood as it would be best for my allergies.  I looked at him in surprise and said "I am not the only one with allergies?"  and he laughed and said, "No".  I hadn't told him what I wanted the honey for, it must have been my dripping nose and red eyes that gave me away.

Don't fret if you do not live nearby, you can order items at www.the-honey-hole.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment