Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Monday, September 6, 2010

Canasta

Some of the ladies down at the club house talked me into spending my Wednesday afternoon playing cards.  They start at 11 AM having lunch.  I didn't get there until 11:40 so I had to eat fast.  I just walked up to a table and asked if I was too late and they said "No" and pulled up a chair for me.  At noon we went into the card room and I sat with three of my lunch companions.  Never having played hand and foot canasta they had to explain the game to me.  We used 5 deck of cards at once!  It was a little confusing at first but after two hours I knew what I was doing.  By the 3:00 my butt had fallen asleep and my eyes were rolling back in my head.   If this is all I have to look forward to, kill me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment