Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Monday, September 20, 2010

Holy Sodium Batman!!



Last week I went to the mall in Boone and decided to have lunch at Panera Bread.  I really like Panera Bread!  I ordered the combo: vegetarian vegetable soup with pesto and half of a Mediterranean veggie sandwich with unsweetened ice tea to drink.  Feeling very virtuous, I went home and looked up the nutrition stats on my lunch.  Calorie wise I did okay- 110 calories for 10 ounces of soup and 305 calories for the sandwich.  When I looked across the row of stats to the sodium count my jaw dropped.  830 mg for the soup and 725 mg for the half sandwich- which comes to 1555 mg consumed in 15 minutes.  You should have 2400 mg per day tops!!  And it's better to stay under 1000 mg if you can.

Did I mention I also had the pumpkin latte and half a chocolate muffin top?  I didn't think so.

Eat at your own risk

No comments:

Post a Comment