Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chunky Applesauce



I am so looking forward to my first fall season in 33 years.  The weather has turned cooler.  During the day it is in the 60's and at night it is in the 50's.  The leaves are just starting to turn.

This morning I went to Welch's produce stand and bought some Fuji and Golden Delicious apples.  I came home and peeled and cut them up to make 8 cups.  I put them in a pan with 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and cooked them on low for 35 minutes.  Then I used the potato masher to mash them down.

The kitchen smelled wonderful and the warm applesauce was delicious.  I am going to make more and put it in the freezer for later. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment