Spring Flings

  • The Floor of Heaven by Howard Blum
  • An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
  • The Devil She Knows by Bill Loehfelm
  • Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
  • The Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (book club read)
  • Death of a Pinehurst Princess by Steve Bouser
  • Still Life by Louise Penny
  • Looking at Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gilmore
  • Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (book club read)
  • Trap Line by Carl Hiaasen
  • Killer Stuff and Tons of Money by Maureen Stanton

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Getting ready for the "meet your neighbor's" party

A few weeks ago I decided to have a little get-together with our neighbors so we can get to know each other better.  I chose the date of October 24th at 4PM and ran around handing out invitations.

About 10 years ago I did the same thing in our neighborhood in South Florida.  I went house-to-house and if someone didn't answer the door, I taped the invitation to it.  When I got home hubby said he had gotten a phone call from the man down the street.  It seems that when I knocked on his door it caused his dog to jump on it and scratch it.  Hence, he was going to sue us.  He didn't, and he never came to the party either.

Hubby and son 
Back to tomorrow.  I think it is important to have something to do at get-togethers so people don't get bored.  We are going to carve pumpkins and roast hot dogs and marshmallows.  I even went on-line and ordered special hot dogs from Syracuse canned Snappys, or Coonies.  To make sure the hot dogs were going to be tasty we had a trial run.

Looking good
Hubby and I finished shopping this morning and he put together the sangria so the flavors of the wine and fruit have time to blend.  In the morning I will make pumpkin mousse and baked beans, and yes, I have already made them once to make sure they will be edible.

The weather should be perfect.  This morning we had our first frost of the year and it was 32 degrees when I woke up.  It will be cold in the morning, but will warm up to 70 degrees.  As long as none of our guests threaten to sue us, all should go well.


Frosty lawn

No comments:

Post a Comment